Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
General Chat
 1CMM Forums : Public Forums : General Chat
Message Icon Topic: For the PS forum whores Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 3 Next >>
Goffin
Forum Whore
Forum Whore

Online Status: Offline
Quote Goffin Replybullet Topic: For the PS forum whores
    Posted: 08/March/2006 at 3:27pm

In case you guys are wondering why there's a sig with krispy cream doughnets with cut out of smedly's head next to it,  here's the scoop!

http://www.penny-arcade.com/2006/03/01

Apparently,  Smedly has a sense of humor..  Ever quest must be booming to shell out 1200 doughnuts wouldn't you say?

Ball punching for Teh Win!

IP IP Logged
Tybox
Forum Whore
Forum Whore

Quote Tybox Replybullet Posted: 08/March/2006 at 3:32pm

hehe actually the guy who ran pstats automatically converted all the stat bars too that.

Sof or my sig on there, it had half of Smedlys head cut off, because I have XRivals sig taking up most of the space.

Thankfully, I am going to replace my stat bar with a little RIP stat bar that also came out.

IP IP Logged
Aled
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Aled Replybullet Posted: 08/March/2006 at 4:08pm
Shows how much they really give a sh*t what people think of their games tbh.
IP IP Logged
solitary00
Forum Whore
Forum Whore

Quote solitary00 Replybullet Posted: 08/March/2006 at 4:23pm
It's Sony, they don't give a sh*t about anyone.

-bullet buffer-
IP IP Logged
Tybox
Forum Whore
Forum Whore

Quote Tybox Replybullet Posted: 08/March/2006 at 4:48pm

How many game companies do?

Does Blizzard really?

Only the super small niche ones seem to give much of a rip.

Cornerd Rats Studio does more than SOE , in regards to WW2online.

And That Desert wierd ass MMO("Tale in teh Desert") had people actually call the head dev on his CELL PHONE 24 hours a day if they needed help. Had a sub base of under 5k though...

It just seems like more of the  bottom line ruling again....what kind of stuff do they teach in business ethics these days? Is there any kind of movement to become at least be more receptive to customer needs and/or community relations? Anyone know about this?

All I hear is the same old broken record regarding large companies-impersonal, money grubbing and seemingly devoid of human emotion. Probably won't change much in my generation either, if history holds true.

I actually saw a rather interesting documentary called "The Corporation", which argued a thesis that basically called the modern day Mega Corp a Psychotic institution.

http://www.thecorporation.com/index.php?page_id=2

IP IP Logged
Tybox
Forum Whore
Forum Whore

Quote Tybox Replybullet Posted: 08/March/2006 at 4:54pm
How much is that per donut?

Something like $3k-5k?
IP IP Logged
solitary00
Forum Whore
Forum Whore

Quote solitary00 Replybullet Posted: 08/March/2006 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by Tybox

Does Blizzard really?

There is a difference between the indifference needed to succesfully keep a large corporation moving and the blatent disregard for consumers that Sony shows over and over and over again.  It's not just the OE division, it's a corporate mantra..

Whether it be hidden rootkits, excessive DRM, price gouging proprietary formats, relying on SERVICE centers as a means of generating revenue, intentionally building consumer electronics as consumable/disposable items, or even my TV that won't work with ANY DVD player besides a Sony (do you think this was in the manual?  nooooooo) there are so many reasons why Sony is head and shoulders above any of the other electronics/entertainment corps. out there..  Planetside is NO different from any of their other products...  They're letting it die (without acknowledging) and milking it for ALL that it is worth.  Remember how the in game advertisments (that I'm STILL pissed about) were supposed to open up all these new possibilities?  Where the hell are they?  Hats and sunglasses?  Well, then where is the $13 a month I pay going?

Sony's success is based entirely on fanboys and the ill-informed public.  I can't get enjoyment out of PS itself anymore, the members and friends of this site are the only thing I truly enjoy..

-bullet buffer-
IP IP Logged
Tybox
Forum Whore
Forum Whore

Quote Tybox Replybullet Posted: 08/March/2006 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by solitary00

Does Blizzard really?

There is a difference between the indifference needed to succesfully keep a large corporation moving and the blatent disregard for consumers that Sony shows over and over and over again.  It's not just the OE division, it's a corporate mantra..

Whether it be hidden rootkits, excessive DRM, price gouging proprietary formats, relying on SERVICE centers as a means of generating revenue, intentionally building consumer electronics as consumable/disposable items, or even my TV that won't work with ANY DVD player besides a Sony (do you think this was in the manual?  nooooooo) there are so many reasons why Sony is head and shoulders above any of the other electronics/entertainment corps. out there..  Planetside is NO different from any of their other products...  They're letting it die (without acknowledging) and milking it for ALL that it is worth.  Remember how the in game advertisments (that I'm STILL pissed about) were supposed to open up all these new possibilities?  Where the hell are they?  Hats and sunglasses?  Well, then where is the $13 a month I pay going?

Sony's success is based entirely on fanboys and the ill-informed public.  I can't get enjoyment out of PS itself anymore, the members and friends of this site are the only thing I truly enjoy..

You still get giddy over a boomer kill....:}

Or Magscatting a TR looting an NC backpack. :}

Don't let the evils of SOE ruin PS.

Although it may be kinda hard not to....ahh well...Huxely anyone?

*rushes back to History paper due in 2 hours.

IP IP Logged
solitary00
Forum Whore
Forum Whore

Quote solitary00 Replybullet Posted: 08/March/2006 at 6:08pm

You still get giddy over a boomer kill....:}

Or Magscatting a TR looting an NC backpack. :}

No, I get excited when Boomers actually work.  I don't really know why I even have CE anymore.

And magscatting Starfires still makes me smile, but it's lost the "fun" too.

-bullet buffer-
IP IP Logged
Tybox
Forum Whore
Forum Whore

Quote Tybox Replybullet Posted: 08/March/2006 at 6:09pm
Well a smile is something.
IP IP Logged
Page  of 3 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version