Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
General Chat
 1CMM Forums : Public Forums : General Chat
Message Icon Topic: so you think you're elite? Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 3 Next >>
Tybox
Forum Whore
Forum Whore

Online Status: Offline
Quote Tybox Replybullet Posted: 14/December/2006 at 4:42pm
Originally posted by Stairway

Heres a game that really does take some skill to snipe.

Clicky

Bunny hopping ftl.

Nothing pisses me off more than that lol.
IP IP Logged
Stairway
Forum Whore
Forum Whore

Quote Stairway Replybullet Posted: 14/December/2006 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by Tybox

Bunny hopping ftw.

Nothing pisses me off more than that lol.

Even though some people consider it as being cheap it does take a lot of pracitce to get good at it. Especially since in Socom unlike most other games when scoped the gun moves around like in real life.
IP IP Logged
Tybox
Forum Whore
Forum Whore

Quote Tybox Replybullet Posted: 14/December/2006 at 5:31pm
Still lame as all hell, one reason I boycot Quake/UT games. ONe of the better things about PS, DOD and more games that realize how totally pathetic and unrealistic it is to leap up into the air to dodge bullets and be able to shoot just fine(in some cases).
IP IP Logged
WeAre138

Quote WeAre138 Replybullet Posted: 14/December/2006 at 6:24pm
I like the nade throwing ;) But other than that...meh

IP IP Logged
Stairway
Forum Whore
Forum Whore

Quote Stairway Replybullet Posted: 14/December/2006 at 7:30pm

Still lame as all hell, one reason I boycot Quake/UT games. ONe of the better things about PS, DOD and more games that realize how totally pathetic and unrealistic it is to leap up into the air to dodge bullets and be able to shoot just fine(in some cases).

Im sorry Tybo this isnt a direct attack on you or anything but I cant stand when people say stuff like jumping around takes away realisim from the game. I can't think of any single shooter game that is completley realistic, and thats a good thing because if it was then I guarantee it would be boreing. Yeah you are never going to see Navy SEALS jumping in the air like that, but its a game and somthing that does take skill.
IP IP Logged
Jbanicar
Officer
Officer

Quote Jbanicar Replybullet Posted: 14/December/2006 at 7:50pm

Still lame as all hell, one reason I boycot Quake/UT games. ONe of the better things about PS, DOD and more games that realize how totally pathetic and unrealistic it is when i die to people who leap up into the air to dodge bullets and be able to shoot just fine(in some cases).

fixed
IP IP Logged
fenix
Officer
Officer

Quote fenix Replybullet Posted: 14/December/2006 at 10:28pm
Originally posted by Verdant Force

Unfortunatly, its not half as impresive as it seams on the surface.

there is a 2 foot large box around the head you can hit that constitues a 'headshot'
and if the box is under that crosshair 2 seconds befor, or half a second after you pull the triger, you get the headshot anyway, even if he is nowhere CLOSE to where you shot

check out the 'Swipe Snipe' part

some of those sticks are pretty good tho :)

even with sweep sniping, it was still hard to make the shots that quickly. i always took a second to set up the sweep and then execute. i never got that great at it, either; i was a big fan of the boxer setup with the snot shooter/bash combo. and there are a LOT of multi kills in that vid.

and what about all the no-scopes? thats dam hard to do. i sucked even more at no-scoping, so to see him rattle them off so nonchalantly is points in my book (ie, picking up the rifle and immediately snipe the guy shooting at you the whole time).

everything is relative, i suppose; i never got great at sniping, so to me, this was incredible. also, people get a lot of flak for making vids like this claiming that anyone can do it or it requires no skill or talent to pull off. fact is, a ton of his shots were skill shots that i'd be happy to get just one of.

props to him
IP IP Logged
Verdant Force
Forum Whore
Forum Whore

Quote Verdant Force Replybullet Posted: 14/December/2006 at 11:06pm

if it had been a game where the hitboxes where not huge, i would be giving him props as well. but take a closer look at the vid and you see allot of the shots miss the head, or even the guy completly. and most of his kill 'streaks' are 4 guys standing around... IMO to make a vidio that shows your skill, you should play against people with skill, not against people who stand around wondering why their buddy's corpse is at their feet.

IP IP Logged
Tybox
Forum Whore
Forum Whore

Quote Tybox Replybullet Posted: 14/December/2006 at 11:25pm
Originally posted by Stairway

Im sorry Tybo this isnt a direct attack on you or anything but I cant stand when people say stuff like jumping around takes away realisim from the game. I can't think of any single shooter game that is completley realistic, and thats a good thing because if it was then I guarantee it would be boreing. Yeah you are never going to see Navy SEALS jumping in the air like that, but its a game and somthing that does take skill.

How does it not take away? Never said it didn't take skill either, in fact the leetness of leet use the bunny hop like pros, with their teenage twitch skills primed and firiing at full blast.

There are several games that don't allow bunny hopping, or make it very difficult to both shoot and jump, and they are hardly boring.

The aformentioned PS, DoD, CS(various versions have restrictions last I saw), Red Orchestra, OFP(about as realistic as you get), WW2online(ok maybe a little boring lol), BF2(cracked down on this, still had Dolphin diving) BF2142(aim goes crazy).

What am I forgetting?

If I utilized bunny hopping in videogames, even if it was "the thing" to do, I would feel like a complete jackass, especially in these shooters that purport to be pretty realistic simulations of miltary protocal, a la SOCOM there.

Now for the ultimate bunny hopping games like Tribes/Quake/UT etc, obviously it's almost a built into the system, and isn't actually so bad in terms of lameness, you just won't see me on there for the above reasons.

And Jban is correct, I guess in my old age my twitch skills have faltered so much I just can't keep up with the hopping multitudes across the globe.

IP IP Logged
Verdant Force
Forum Whore
Forum Whore

Quote Verdant Force Replybullet Posted: 14/December/2006 at 11:39pm
i dont really think you should class Tribes as a 'Bunny Hop' Game. since you 'Fly' you dont Hop :p. Tribes 2 is still one of my Favorite games i play it often enough, aim is king in that game.

a guy 200m in the air, hitting another guy 200m in the air that are 100m appart from each other? thats leet. especialy since the guns only shoot like once a second, excluding the chaingun and that pee shooter you get when you spawn.

Wasent the lead desinger of tribes the same lead desinger for PS, or somthing like that?   i wonder what game he makes next. i really do enjoy his games it seams.

IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 3 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version