Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Planetside
 1CMM Forums : Public Forums : Planetside
Message Icon Topic: 3rd Person Nerfage Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 2
Verdant Force
Forum Whore
Forum Whore

Online Status: Offline
Quote Verdant Force Replybullet Posted: 15/April/2006 at 3:05pm
NC are alraidy at a disadvantage, Jackhammer is only good against people who like running into your gun barrels.
IP IP Logged
Gorath

Online Status: Offline
Quote Gorath Replybullet Posted: 15/May/2006 at 3:30pm

I don't know they keep wanting to change this ... it has been an integral part of the game play since PS's inception -- nearly everyone utilizes it except new subscribers who haven't clued in on it's advantages yet. If you think about it, in an FPS game you can't really peak around a corner without exposining your avatar to damage. Since a shot to the head does as much damage as a shot to the toe, you're basically completely exposed.

In war, or RL, you can peak around corners without really exposing yourself too much (using a pocket mirror MacGuyer-style). To the best of my knowledge 3rd-person view best replicates this. I think the game itself is aggressive in nature, and those who can kill effectively show no mercy to an new dude playing the game for the first time with a punisher and a backpack with 10 medpacks and AP ammo. And again, nerfing 3rd person wouldn't change the culture of PS's gaming community. But whatever I'm rambling.

Anyway, if does go through there will still be Audio Amp.

I also don't see how it would make FPS better.

IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 2
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version