Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
General Chat
 1CMM Forums : Public Forums : General Chat
Message Icon Topic: Recommended XBOX 360 games? Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 2 Next >>
Preach
Admin Group
Admin Group
American Hero

Online Status: Offline
Quote Preach Replybullet Topic: Recommended XBOX 360 games?
    Posted: 22/August/2006 at 12:28am
Just picked up an XBOX 360 Premium for $300 and am looking around for some good games. I enjoy action/adventure games primarily, puzzle games are fun as well. Sports games are absolutely OUT of the question... I hate them with a passion. I won't be doing much XBOX live, if any at all. I don't enjoy online console gaming, thats what I have a PC for.

I am definitely picking up Dead Rising. That game looks really good.

Any other recommendations?
IP IP Logged
Verdant Force
Forum Whore
Forum Whore

Quote Verdant Force Replybullet Posted: 22/August/2006 at 12:53am

a huge part of the Xbox 360 is online. most of their games are/will be geared towards multiplayer.

i dont think i can recomend many games, as i mostly play multiplayer ones.
and i think our taste in games in general is difrent.

Ghost Recon Adv warfighter is a good game, but its replay value is not so hot.
Oblivion is a great game, but its also on PC. so i donno where you would stand on this one.

Saints row is coming out soon, it will be the 'GTA' for Xbox. it seams pretty good single player. but it is practicly the same game as GTA, only evrething from your clothing to your car is customizable. it has missions sort of like GTA2 had, with the gangs at war.  and picking your side.
it boasts online Multiplayer, gang Vs gang. ( Planetside style? i doubt it, but it would be sweet )

my definite advice is rent befor you buy. i have saved myself a TON of cash this way.

also, if you want to avoid the multiplayer... AVOID Chromehounds. single player in that game is stictly training for the online portion of it.

even if you dont want to use the Multiplayer hook up your xbox to the internet anyway, their is always TONS of stuff to download from upcomming games. Vidio's Demos, pictures. ect.

edit - also avoid Ninighty nine nights... i have heard nothing but bad coments on it from evrebody whos bought it.
IP IP Logged
Tybox
Forum Whore
Forum Whore

Quote Tybox Replybullet Posted: 22/August/2006 at 2:46am

I hope that $300 wasn't a big chunk out of the pay check, because consoles blow compared to PC.

And the only reason I even use my PS2 is because I got it before i got super into my PC and also because I am a sports junkie.
IP IP Logged
Verdant Force
Forum Whore
Forum Whore

Quote Verdant Force Replybullet Posted: 22/August/2006 at 3:40am
dude, dont knock the 360, other consoles might blow, but the 360 rocks.
IP IP Logged
Goffin
Forum Whore
Forum Whore

Quote Goffin Replybullet Posted: 22/August/2006 at 6:21am
Originally posted by Verdant Force

dude, dont knock the 360, other consoles might blow, but the 360 rocks.

what's funny, is for 300-400 bucks,  you can get a system that blows away your current pc.     the 360 is by far more powerfull than my 2.8 mhz 1 gig and 9800xt.  I'll be the first to admit it.

preach,   xbox is finally releasing games that shows the true power of the xbox.  I picked up dead rising and it's pretty decent.  the game won't hold interest once you beat it but beating it is the task.    Battle field 2, chrome hounds are solid Online games.   The one thing that still drives me through a wall is how many young pricks are out there screaming in your mic.   Microsoft needs to better filter the age and group or pair them up.   Countless times,  i'll be enjoying owning some scrubs only to have them start talking sh*t in the mic   lmfao
Ball punching for Teh Win!

IP IP Logged
Tybox
Forum Whore
Forum Whore

Quote Tybox Replybullet Posted: 22/August/2006 at 6:43am
It is true Goff for pure gaming prowess consoles are getting the upper hand now in some ways. and for cheaper. I've always been a big fan of sports gaming, as the PC versions just dont feel right, even with a gamepad.

And with increased online play, things are evening out there as well.

But PC games and console games are a different breed altogether-a wider array of FPS, the MMO content(save for a FF and some other crossover junk), a bevy of strategy titles that cannot be found on the consoles and more.

Not to mention you can do so many customizable things with PC+games with online communities etc, mods and so forth.

ALso, the fact I can play most games for free(torrents ftw) pretty much makes those $50-60 console games a  mute point.
IP IP Logged
Preach
Admin Group
Admin Group
American Hero

Quote Preach Replybullet Posted: 22/August/2006 at 9:58am
PLEASE don't turn this into another f**king console vs. PC thread. If you feel the need to turn it into such a conversation... GTFO!

I'm not a huge console game fan at all, but I figured I would give the 360 a try. A lot of my friends have a 360, and they all rave about it. I'm not worried about the $300. If I end up not liking the 360 I can just sell it on eBay for more than that.

Games that I am considering:
Dead Rising
Perfect Dark Zero
Dead or Alive 4
Kameo: Elements of Power
Geometry Wars (like the old school game style)

IP IP Logged
Interpol
Advisor
Advisor
Sentinel Wannabe

Quote Interpol Replybullet Posted: 22/August/2006 at 10:22am
Preach, I'm not sure exactly what your sources are when researching video games, but here's the 360 Gamespot Review Archive:

http://www.gamespot.com/reviews.html?type=reviews&platform=1029&mode=all&sort=score&dlx_type=all&sortdir=asc&sortdir=asc

And here's the 360 archive from gamerankings:

http://www.gamerankings.com/itemrankings/simpleratings.asp
IP IP Logged
Preach
Admin Group
Admin Group
American Hero

Quote Preach Replybullet Posted: 22/August/2006 at 10:38am
I've been reading gamespot mostly, or asking friends at work.
IP IP Logged
Verdant Force
Forum Whore
Forum Whore

Quote Verdant Force Replybullet Posted: 22/August/2006 at 12:53pm
im afraid to say... Perfect dark zero is pretty much crap.

Kameo is good game, if you can get past the fact you are a fairy throut the entire game.

Geomatry wars is like 4$ and well worth it. it challanges evre players twitch skills to the max. i would also Consider picking up Street fighter 2, and Marble blast ultra from the marketplace. ( each is around 4$ )

cant say much about the others, ive only played the demo. but they both seam good.
IP IP Logged
Page  of 2 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version