Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
General Chat
 1CMM Forums : Public Forums : General Chat
Message Icon Topic: New Machine? Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 3 Next >>
NaeBlis
Forum Whore
Forum Whore

Online Status: Offline
Quote NaeBlis Replybullet Posted: 09/September/2006 at 12:35am

He's using watercooling so it doesn't really matter.

Teh Nibblies
IP IP Logged
Fidelio
Admin Group
Admin Group

Forum Whore

Quote Fidelio Replybullet Posted: 09/September/2006 at 3:21am
the core 2 duo EE is 65 watts. for speed and efficiency nothing else touches it atm. it smokes amd's fx62 while using half the power and producing half the heat. it's pricier than a bunny ranch whore tho. just a thought.

if you're looking for a super bargain though, build an amd socket 939 machine. those cpu's are selling for half what the am2 counterparts are going for. just make sure to buy a fast one cause you won't be replacing that cpu without a new mobo and ram to go with it. :P
IP IP Logged
BoothRedux

Quote BoothRedux Replybullet Posted: 10/September/2006 at 5:45pm
you could  build an intel based pc for half that with comaprable stats...and if youre gonna put that much money wait till ~December when Quad-core is introduced
Lies become legend, but fear is forever.
IP IP Logged
Interpol
Advisor
Advisor
Sentinel Wannabe

Quote Interpol Replybullet Posted: 10/September/2006 at 5:58pm

Okay, forget the damn X6800. Even if you have the money for it--it's a waste.

Get an E6400 and overclock it with an Asus P5B Deluxe Wifi Motherboard to 3.0GHz (making it faster than a processor that's $800 more).

The P5B is insanely overclockable, and with the right cooling, it's completely stable at 3.0 GHz.

I'd say unless you're running a monitor that can put out 1600 x 1200 resolution or higher, you should probably get a 7900 GTX (which still runs those resolutions, but for about $150 less).

I'm building my own rig soon, and will probably use the 7950GT (not the GX2), and my PC will easily run with yours in the benchmarks.

I mean to say, just because you're getting the most expensive thing of everything, that doesn't mean that you're getting a quality computer for the price. You can build one with similar performance for 1-2 thousand less.

One last thing: My PC will cost $1750 to build (with watercooling). That's nearly half of what it will cost to have yourself a computer built, but will perform with no noticeable difference.

Just think you should reconsider some of your parts.

IP IP Logged
Preach
Admin Group
Admin Group
American Hero

Quote Preach Replybullet Posted: 10/September/2006 at 6:02pm
Interpol is trying to challenge Fayaz for the "know it all" title!
IP IP Logged
Interpol
Advisor
Advisor
Sentinel Wannabe

Quote Interpol Replybullet Posted: 10/September/2006 at 6:07pm
Originally posted by Preach

Interpol is trying to challenge Fayaz for the "know it all" title!

I'd win. Fayaz doesn't have the time anymore to post as much.

So I win by default.

Sweet.
IP IP Logged
Fayaz
Admin Group
Admin Group

Administrator

Quote Fayaz Replybullet Posted: 10/September/2006 at 6:27pm

I'm actually in the process of getting a new rig together too. Like Interpol, I'm trimming some juicy fat to get the price down, but here only because I want to fund a Dell 2407WFP 24" LCD. And with Vista, that panel would be perfect.

I'd choose visual real estate over extreme performance, a good soundcard and speaker setup, some highend headphones, basically put the finishing touches on audiovisual experience versus next-gen polygon crunching hardware. A solid setup is just that, a solid setup. Where the extra dineros go is a matter of personal preference really.
IP IP Logged
LaptiNek
Groupie
Groupie

Quote LaptiNek Replybullet Posted: 11/September/2006 at 7:44am
Preach,

I've built my last 3 gaming computers.  I am considering having this one built for a couple reasons.

1) Time:  Employed and married takes up most of my day =(
2)  All of my previous rigs are akin to the Millennium Falcon ...there's always "something" glitchy ...even though it may be small, just always something.
Baron Sengir, Ahriman Corps
IP IP Logged
Jersey
Officer
Officer

Quote Jersey Replybullet Posted: 11/September/2006 at 4:04pm
I agree duel core isnt worth it YET! I stress yet atleast for gaming. If you have a killer ammount of ram and a sweet video card, which you will.  Ive recently made a desicion to revamp/upgrade my system using new and old parts to save money.  And Ive found through research that duel coring for gaming purposes isnt worth yet. But like the others have said you have the money to do so then by all means step it up and get a duel core.  Lol Yet again this prolly wont help much
IP IP Logged
Fidelio
Admin Group
Admin Group

Forum Whore

Quote Fidelio Replybullet Posted: 11/September/2006 at 4:25pm
man, imo dual core is the sh*t!
you can run all the apps in the background you want and it doesn't affect your games. sure you might miss out on 5fps but i'd rather have that and be able to do everything else at the same time than to have to stop everything just to play a game.

count me in as a happy dual core user. AMD X2 4800+ here.
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 3 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version