Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
General Chat
 1CMM Forums : Public Forums : General Chat
Message Icon Topic: interesting art project Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 3
[Hoe]
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Quote [Hoe] Replybullet Posted: 04/January/2007 at 8:40pm
Originally posted by Jersey

Im willing to bet Preach is a republican.

Could be, I am. I'm with Preach that it is a little distasteful. Most of those soldiers died for a cause that they believed in. I dont know the best way to explain it, but they did not die so someone else could use there name to promote their own agenda.

I have friends over there and some back from there.  Most of the soldiers I ask feel what they are doing in Iraq is for the greater good. If you dont like the war then go after Bush and his policies, if you think we are over there for oil then go after Bush for failing to produce any policies that will lessen our demand for fossil fuels.

I voted for Bush, I really didnt like Kerry, and I could go on with alot of things Bush has done wrong without having to using the names of our soldiers who died doing there duty.It doesnt matter if you are for or against the war, remeber those names as soldiers who died for something and not as a tool.
IP IP Logged
Preach
Admin Group
Admin Group
American Hero

Quote Preach Replybullet Posted: 04/January/2007 at 9:57pm
I'm neither Republican nor Democrat. I'm not anything really. I'm pro Military. :)
IP IP Logged
fenix
Officer
Officer

Quote fenix Replybullet Posted: 05/January/2007 at 2:09am
Originally posted by Preach

I fully realize I have a completely biased opinion towards the military and the US government. I love the US military, I love our government, and I love our leaders. Do they always make the right decisions? Of course not. They are only human, but that is our system, and I wouldn't have it any other way. I'm very critical of those who speak ill (via verbal, written, or other forms of communication) of the US government, and especially our armed forces. But one of the main reasons myself and many others serve (whether they know it or not) is to protect the freedom of speech which us Americans hold so dear.

Do I agree with what this person is doing? No. I think it is in very poor taste. But it is his/her right to express themselves freely. As cheesy as it sounds though, the "freedom" of speech doesn't come freely, and it upsets me when people take that for granted and cr@p on the military.

very well said.

what do we do about the biased, basically the propaganda, news presented to us through the media on whats going on, then? a lot of my friends and relatives in the military that have been or are in iraq say that the war should not have happened simply because it should have been taken care of during bush sr's term; to clarify, they're for the fight. they say that what is shown on tv is so far from the truth that its distorting the civilian opinion.

personally, i dont know enough on the subject to make any decisions on my stance; but, im hoping you can enlighten me on my previous paragraph and give me your opinion on whats going on.
IP IP Logged
Jersey
Officer
Officer

Quote Jersey Replybullet Posted: 05/January/2007 at 3:45am
IP IP Logged
[Hoe]
Groupie
Groupie

Quote [Hoe] Replybullet Posted: 05/January/2007 at 10:49am
Originally posted by Jersey

Walk to school
IP IP Logged
Jersey
Officer
Officer

Quote Jersey Replybullet Posted: 07/January/2007 at 9:49am

?????????More like walk to work????????

IP IP Logged
Verdant Force
Forum Whore
Forum Whore

Quote Verdant Force Replybullet Posted: 07/January/2007 at 9:51pm
Bike > walking.

i have 3 bikes, speed bike, mountain, and a stunt type bike. only time i ever use my car is when im going out on a date. evrething else is just a 10-20 minut bike ride ( 5-10 minut in a car )
IP IP Logged
Jersey
Officer
Officer

Quote Jersey Replybullet Posted: 08/January/2007 at 12:34am

06 GSXR 600

IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 3
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version