Forum Discription: Talk about anything and everything
URL: http://www.1cmm.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1647
Printed Date: 11/May/2024 at 12:14am

Topic: .
Posted By: Tybox
Subject: .
Date Posted: 19/October/2006 at 4:14am

links borked.

One link kept coming up for every different link....Fayaz?

Replies:
Posted By: Fidelio
Date Posted: 19/October/2006 at 2:39pm
fine for me

Date Posted: 19/October/2006 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by Fidelio

fine for me

but the nested quotes are getting a bit out of hand. is there an option to have boards single quote?

like this

Date Posted: 19/October/2006 at 4:10pm

fine for me

but the nested quotes are getting a bit out of hand. is there an option to have boards single quote?

like this

instead of this

Date Posted: 19/October/2006 at 4:11pm

instead of this

^ single quote

Date Posted: 19/October/2006 at 5:20pm
yah nested qoutes ftl.

I just had deja vu...

-------------

Posted By: Fayaz
Date Posted: 19/October/2006 at 6:04pm
What's wrong with the nested quotes?
I can certainly make "replies" memoryless, in the sense that they only address the actual post in question (vs. quoting all dependant posts)... if that's what you guys want.

-------------

Posted By: solitary00
Date Posted: 19/October/2006 at 6:10pm
Originally posted by Fayaz

I can certainly make "replies" memoryless, in the sense that they only address the actual post in question (vs. quoting all dependant posts)... if that's what you guys want.

I just want it not to include my posts in the quotes like it sometimes does.

-------------

-bullet buffer-

Posted By: Xenetic
Date Posted: 19/October/2006 at 6:14pm
Originally posted by solitary00

I totally prefer the nested posts, fid I know you like to minimize scrolling, but its really not that much effort. I like to see the nests, plus its the quoters whether or not its nested.

-------------

Date Posted: 19/October/2006 at 7:01pm
Originally posted by solitary00

ditto.

It's lke the HTML extends over your reply for some reason, qouting it like it was the person above.

-------------

Date Posted: 19/October/2006 at 8:41pm
i don't like the nested quotes because after a few quotes, you get the whole thread in every post. besides, when someone replies they're replying to something specific, so qoute that instead of all the rest. personally, i think we could do with much less qouting anyway but that's a diffrerent story.

nesting quotes break the continuity of the discussion by forcing you to either reread a whole thread, or you spend time searching out the new bits because as some mentioned before, the reply sometimes ends up inside the quote, so now you're actually trying to figure out who said what in the first place. god forbid one of those posts gets quoted. then you have people attributing quotes to people who didn't author them.

anyway, nested quotes just get worse and worse as time goes on if they're allowed to continue. i've seen it time and time again on forum after forum. so my recommendation is one of experience, more than personal preference.

Date Posted: 20/October/2006 at 2:08am
You need a bumper sticker that reads "NESTED QUOTES ARE THE DEVIL!"

-------------

Date Posted: 20/October/2006 at 5:25pm
bumper stickers are for bush supporters.

Posted By: BoothRedux
Date Posted: 22/October/2006 at 5:53am
maybe if youre a deaf dumb blind kid that plays a mean pinball

-------------
Lies become legend, but fear is forever.

Posted By: Jbanicar
Date Posted: 22/October/2006 at 10:35pm
Yeah, cause you have to be a Bush supporter to be stupid, deaf, and dumb.  Good one, I see you put a ton of thought into that comment.

-------------

Posted By: NakataH
Date Posted: 23/October/2006 at 7:47am
or used common sense :O

-------------

Date Posted: 23/October/2006 at 12:27pm
Personal opinions and insults don't equate to common sense.

-------------

Date Posted: 23/October/2006 at 3:10pm
the rest of the world says its common sense.

its hard to explain because your on the inside and the rest of the world is on the outside looking in but it makes it so much clearer for us to see

its just like when preach went psycho about that "government aided 9/11" thing.. its what the rest of the world is thinking but americans dont understand and become very hostile because they are on the inside :E

personally if it happened in the UK i wouldnt be to bothered, i wouldnt care who did it or why, unless it effected me which is a very wrong and selfish attitude to have i know.. "blah blah when it does happen to me and everybody has that attitude ill think differently etc"

i wish i could say im patriotic but im not really, i dont even plan to stay a English citizen..

i know your in australia (atleast i think you still are) but your still american and hold the same views you did, which is why you will never see it

i think im using the word americans to much and generalising.. not all americans are.. i wont use the word stupid because your not, your just.. easily lied to?

the american government uses patriotism against you, and you fall for it because its what they teach you to do at school

Preach, hold your anger in ;) i dont want to argue and if you do i wont respond.. just my thoughts :P

-------------

Posted By: Goffin
Date Posted: 23/October/2006 at 3:19pm
This thread did a complete 180.

word

-------------
Ball punching for Teh Win!

Date Posted: 23/October/2006 at 3:54pm
lol

You can thank me later Goffin.

And you know what it was going to be about?

Electric Light Orchestra...LOL.

-------------

Date Posted: 23/October/2006 at 3:59pm

Originally posted by NakataH

the rest of the world says its common sense.

its hard to explain because your on the inside and the rest of the world is on the outside looking in but it makes it so much clearer for us to see

its just like when preach went psycho about that "government aided 9/11" thing.. its what the rest of the world is thinking but americans dont understand and become very hostile because they are on the inside :E

personally if it happened in the UK i wouldnt be to bothered, i wouldnt care who did it or why, unless it effected me which is a very wrong and selfish attitude to have i know.. "blah blah when it does happen to me and everybody has that attitude ill think differently etc"

i wish i could say im patriotic but im not really, i dont even plan to stay a English citizen..

i know your in australia (atleast i think you still are) but your still american and hold the same views you did, which is why you will never see it

i think im using the word americans to much and generalising.. not all americans are.. i wont use the word stupid because your not, your just.. easily lied to?

the american government uses patriotism against you, and you fall for it because its what they teach you to do at school

Preach, hold your anger in ;) i dont want to argue and if you do i wont respond.. just my thoughts :P

And Britain doesn't lie to its people as well? Aren't politicians inherently crooked in one way or another? They don't teach to love your country in school too Nak?

Nak, if  you sense you are generalizing, don't do it, because I am far from a diehard Uber USA patriot, but the whole "Non-US our crap don't stink" attitude rubs me the wrong way.

It's like the cool thing to do is the bash the USA any chance people can get, verdant does it, and now you basically did. We all have our problems, and no one is free of mistakes and injustices on the govermental level.

And if you probe into the sociological realm of the US apparently being full of "cowboys"(agressive, insensitive, Uber-patriots) well that's not right either.

-------------

Posted By: Verdant Force
Date Posted: 23/October/2006 at 5:00pm
i dont bash USA, i have great respect for the american people. whenever i hear anybody around me say anything bad about the american people, i tell them
"hey, its not really their fault, its their goverment"
and i really do beleive that, i mean, in the past 6 years your country went from one of the most loved countries in the world to one of the most hated.
the american people are good people, there is no doubt there. so the only other thing to blame is the goverment.

i do get a few of your channels here, and what i see on the news from USA disgusts me, the way they play on peoples emotions, and fears is really sickening. its like they are playing some sort of instrument to try and make the people behave the way they want them too. Habeas Corpus anybody?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Habeas_corpus - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Habeas_corpus

Date Posted: 23/October/2006 at 6:13pm
Oh no no you misunderstood tybo.. every government lies, it has to, there are certain things that it cannot say.

The english government lies on a regular basis, but, i can see it, and i dont care.. im able to vote but i dont and do you know why? Because who ever i vote for, it wont matter.. im still gunna get screwed over in one way or another.

I think for america, choosing kerry over bush in 2004 would have been the lesser of two evils.

I wouldnt say its the "cool" thing to bash USA.. but isnt it funny how the rest of the world .. is? surely there must be a reason for it o_O

As i said before, i dont think americans are stupid.. they are just very easily influenced.
Having not lived in america im not sure why this is.. id hazard a guess at patriotism because that features heavily on american daily life..

"
I pledge allegiance to the Flag
     of the United States of America,
and to the Republic for which it stands:
     one Nation under God, indivisible,
With Liberty and Justice for all."

maybe its religion?
isnt your president supposed to be neutral.. yet he is diehard christian?

america and its peoples attitude is why everybody is turning on it
"you dont support america, your a terrorist sympathizer!"

america wants to be bigger and better than everybody else, yet compared to everybody else america is still but a child, who has a great deal to learn.

i just hope they get sombody better and not worse than george bush in the years to come, because if you do get a worse president.. im not sure how i should put this..

you're f**ked?

-------------

Date Posted: 23/October/2006 at 6:28pm
oil: until the paradigm changes, america will be hated.

Posted By: Stairway
Date Posted: 23/October/2006 at 6:38pm
If anyone thinks that if Kerry was electeded president that any big thing would be different, they are wrong.  We would still be in the middle of a war, we would still be facing all the rest of the issues that we are with Bush. The president has so many commitements to special interest parties that they are really never making any decsions for themselves. Yes the President wanted to go to war, but it was CONGRESS that voted and made the decision too, yet Bush becomes the scapegoat.

Most politcal elections are just mudslinging contests and it honestly disgusts me.  We have a govenor election coming up here in Illinois and all the T.V. Ads are, "He did this blah blah blah" or "She did'nt do that blah blah", its truly terrible.  Ill be 18 for the next presidental elections and I seriously doubt I will vote.

-------------

Posted By: AquaNox
Date Posted: 23/October/2006 at 6:48pm
Not voting is hardly a solution or a protest, you're just f**king yourself.  While voters being easily influenced is true, people not voting is 10x worse.  You "demonstrating" that you dont approve of your government and at the same time giving your vote to another moron who will choose the worst candidate is even more detrimental

-------------
http://imageshack.us">

Date Posted: 23/October/2006 at 6:49pm
if kerry were president and 9/11 happened, we might be at war today, but not with iraq. without wolfowitz, cheney, rumsfeld, and rove at the helm, the iraq war wouldn't have happened (at least not now).

Date Posted: 23/October/2006 at 7:31pm
Originally posted by AquaNox

Not voting is hardly a solution or a protest, you're just f**king yourself.  While voters being easily influenced is true, people not voting is 10x worse.  You "demonstrating" that you dont approve of your government and at the same time giving your vote to another moron who will choose the worst candidate is even more detrimental

Why should I vote if I dont like any of the candiates? Im not against voteing but I wont vote unless I feel that a certain candiate has qualities and Ideals that I respect and believe will help our nation.

-------------

Date Posted: 23/October/2006 at 7:49pm
Originally posted by Stairway

Why should I vote if I dont like any of the candiates?

because it gives you the right to bitch about it.

Date Posted: 23/October/2006 at 8:44pm

Why should I vote if I dont like any of the candiates? Im not against voteing but I wont vote unless I feel that a certain candiate has qualities and Ideals that I respect and believe will help our nation.

You dont like the candidates so you are willing to leave it up to someone else to decide for you? Lame.

-------------

Date Posted: 23/October/2006 at 8:57pm

You dont like the candidates so you are willing to leave it up to someone else to decide for you? Lame.

If I dont like any candidate, and if I dont believe any of them would further our country in a good way, I should just vote to vote... thats lame.

-------------

Date Posted: 23/October/2006 at 9:21pm

If I dont like any candidate, and if I dont believe any of them would further our country in a good way, I should just vote to vote... thats lame.

Best to learn lesser of two evils concept, as lame as it is.

One or the other IS going to get in-which one do you dislike the most is the question? At least then you can do something.

-------------

Date Posted: 23/October/2006 at 10:05pm
my not voting is not really a protest..

my 1 vote is not going to matter, i know this and thats why i dont bother "if everybody had that attitude blah blah" but they dont and im content not voting

its just one less thing that i have to worry about.

if i were forced to vote it would be for a lesser party so my vote would mean sh*t anyway

-------------

Date Posted: 23/October/2006 at 10:35pm
Well then as Fid said, you have no right to complain about any government if you're not even willing to do what little you can to change it, especially if it's just based off of pure laziness.

-------------

Date Posted: 23/October/2006 at 10:43pm

Well then as Fid said, you have no right to complain about any government if you're not even willing to do what little you can to change it, especially if it's just based off of pure laziness.

Aqua I dont know if you were talking to me or Nak or both of us but I can assure you Im not voteing because of laziness.  Believe me if there was a candidate that I truly respected and thought could help this country, I would back him 100% and would definatley vote for him.   Like Barack O'bama, most of you wont know of him hes a senator but he is considering running for the 2008 election.  I agree with most his ideas/solutions for the issues and problems facing this country.  If he ran I would definatley support him.

-------------

Date Posted: 23/October/2006 at 11:08pm
I guess it's the same old high school attitude; if the generaly opinion is one thing, then it's best to jump on the bandwagon to avoid offending your friends.  But you know what? that's ok, you do what you want, and believe what you want.  Nak, you are on to something in what you're saying: you're American, so you don't see it, you are easily lied to, you are blind, but how about the other way around, you're not American, and you have come to believe what you choose to believe, not based on anything factual, but just on hear se and personal bias. 

You talk about what the world belives, but you cannot honestly say you know what the entire world thinks.  Reading conspiracy theory sites and watching the news does not inform you any more than hearing it from a friend and believing him blindly.  The news captures a sound bite, a moment in time, and they show mass protestes on every issue, not just Bush, and you see that and think that's the world.  You read what I type, and ASSUME that I AM backing Bush, when all I was doing was pointing out BASELESS accusations.  Have you ever debated, like an honest debate?  You can't come to the table with "You're deaf, blind, and dumb" and expect anyone with a hint of common sense, to listen to you.  I was not backing Bush, and I was not saying that I agreed with ALL of Bush's policies, that was, again, your assumption, and your following replies show that you assume more than you think.  This is evident in how you copy/past everyone a piece of the Plege of Alliegence, when in England's own national anthem, they talk about God Save the Queen, and the majority of English people sing that with great national pride.  Don't come to me and talk about religion and show me my own pledge of alliegence, and then point a finger at me like I came to you thumping a Bible and yelling "GO BUSH!"

Every country, every nation has national pride, not just America; we are just the super power, the world's main producer of entertainment (movies, music, art, everything), so we are the easiest to spot.  Honestly, when are we not in the news?  New music, us, a new movie, us, etc, and yet you fail to recognise the diversity that we represent.  We are the world; an American is not an nationality of its own, it is just a conglomerate of the world.  English, German, Dutch, Spanish, Chinese, African, Lebanese, name any nationality, and you will find it here.  And to say that Americans have no understanding of the world is close minded. 

You must have a limited understanding of how the government works, its many different levels, organizations, representatives, its powers,  and the decision making process, to focal it all down to hatred against Bush.  All Bush is, is a name for you to wrap everything that you believe against a very easy person to take cheap shots at.  Honestly, how hard is it to attack Bush?  lol, this is sort of like picking on the lone Goth kids in high school.  How hard is that? and you're going to use "world hate" as a way of saying that all of the world are intelligent, smart people, who are informed, educated, and reasonable?  Have you looked around in your own country lately, and seen anyone that perfect?  I bet not, and you won't find those perfect people out in the world, either. 

Don't slant hate and insults with common sense, brand it with "THE WORLD", and bring it to me saying, oh look, see, they must be right... since when has the majority opinion ever been informed and correct?  Put it this way, if I come to you, and I say, in a loud voice, with many people around me (who are also saying similar but differently worded statements, at the same volume, in their own meaning and way and understanding), "You are a KILLER! You like Asian porn! YOu are Sweedish! You want to learn how to speak Arabic!! Bastard!" and 1/4 of those poins are factual, does that make me correct? or worth listening to? that is a far out example, but I am simply saying, just cause you see a large group, doesn't make them any more right than the next group, nor does news covereage.

You know what; I take pride in my country, as does any other common person take in their own nation.  It doesn't matter where you go, and if I feel patriotic when I hear the national anthem, good for me; I'm not preaching, and I certainly am not thinking, "Yeah, I'm better than Mongolia, suck it bitches."  that's your opinion, but that is not factual. 

I like Obama as well, Stair; I'm not exactly sure what he supports, but he comes across with a very even headed individual.  I'll have to look more into it in the coming future.

-------------

Date Posted: 23/October/2006 at 11:28pm

Aqua I dont know if you were talking to me or Nak or both of us but I can assure you Im not voteing because of laziness.  Believe me if there was a candidate that I truly respected and thought could help this country, I would back him 100% and would definatley vote for him.   Like Barack O'bama, most of you wont know of him hes a senator but he is considering running for the 2008 election.  I agree with most his ideas/solutions for the issues and problems facing this country.  If he ran I would definatley support him.

I was talking to Nakatah regarding laziness.  Either way, not voting still shows that you're not motivated enough to try and change things, whether you want to or not, it still requires a vote to nudge it in your favor.  Even if you consider it an insignificant drop in the bucket, why not do what you can to elect the person who is most agreeable with you?  Personally, I find it disrespectful not to vote, but it's your right not to.

-------------

Date Posted: 24/October/2006 at 5:30am
Jban pwns.

-------------

Date Posted: 24/October/2006 at 5:35am

my not voting is not really a protest..

my 1 vote is not going to matter, i know this and thats why i dont bother "if everybody had that attitude blah blah" but they dont and im content not voting

its just one less thing that i have to worry about.

if i were forced to vote it would be for a lesser party so my vote would mean sh*t anyway

YOu my friend, should look into the word "principle."

I'm also rather cynical myself about the whole election process, but....you realize basically your grandparents and ours died to defend those rights to free elections? Ya know, a little ditty called WW2, where the Nazis were bombing the sh*t out of London, and the Japanese were making us nervous on the west coast.

WW2 was not as altruistic as some rose colored glasses may paint, but it sure as hell was more to the point and dire than the current Iraq debaccle. There was a serious threat to the free world from the Axis war machine, and for that, I feel honored my grandparents served.

I think England and the US STILL share this special bond from their days of WW2 pwnage, and I am proud of our work together.

So out of honor of those fallen, I think you may want to reconsider your stance.

-------------

Date Posted: 24/October/2006 at 7:55am
Originally posted by Tybox

I'm also rather cynical myself about the whole election process, but....you realize basically your grandparents and ours died to defend those rights to free elections? Ya know, a little ditty called WW2, where the Nazis were bombing the sh*t out of London, and the Japanese were making us nervous on the west coast.

WW2 was not as altruistic as some rose colored glasses may paint, but it sure as hell was more to the point and dire than the current Iraq debaccle. There was a serious threat to the free world from the Axis war machine, and for that, I feel honored my grandparents served.

I think England and the US STILL share this special bond from their days of WW2 pwnage, and I am proud of our work together.

So out of honor of those fallen, I think you may want to reconsider your stance.

thank you for proving my point

-------------

Date Posted: 24/October/2006 at 8:08am
i just stumbled across this on torrentspy, myabe you should read it :E

http://www.shoutwire.com/comments/35285/Someone_Should_Have_Assassinated_Bush - http://www.shoutwire.com/comments/35285/Someone_Should_Have_Assassinated_Bush

-------------

Date Posted: 24/October/2006 at 2:51pm

Incase you missed it the first time:

Originally posted by Jbanicar

I guess it's the same old high school attitude; if the generaly opinion is one thing, then it's best to jump on the bandwagon to avoid offending your friends.  But you know what? that's ok, you do what you want, and believe what you want.  Nak, you are on to something in what you're saying: you're American, so you don't see it, you are easily lied to, you are blind, but how about the other way around, you're not American, and you have come to believe what you choose to believe, not based on anything factual, but just on hear se and personal bias. 

You talk about what the world belives, but you cannot honestly say you know what the entire world thinks.  Reading conspiracy theory sites and watching the news does not inform you any more than hearing it from a friend and believing him blindly.  The news captures a sound bite, a moment in time, and they show mass protestes on every issue, not just Bush, and you see that and think that's the world.  You read what I type, and ASSUME that I AM backing Bush, when all I was doing was pointing out BASELESS accusations.  Have you ever debated, like an honest debate?  You can't come to the table with "You're deaf, blind, and dumb" and expect anyone with a hint of common sense, to listen to you.  I was not backing Bush, and I was not saying that I agreed with ALL of Bush's policies, that was, again, your assumption, and your following replies show that you assume more than you think.  This is evident in how you copy/past everyone a piece of the Plege of Alliegence, when in England's own national anthem, they talk about God Save the Queen, and the majority of English people sing that with great national pride.  Don't come to me and talk about religion and show me my own pledge of alliegence, and then point a finger at me like I came to you thumping a Bible and yelling "GO BUSH!"

Every country, every nation has national pride, not just America; we are just the super power, the world's main producer of entertainment (movies, music, art, everything), so we are the easiest to spot.  Honestly, when are we not in the news?  New music, us, a new movie, us, etc, and yet you fail to recognise the diversity that we represent.  We are the world; an American is not an nationality of its own, it is just a conglomerate of the world.  English, German, Dutch, Spanish, Chinese, African, Lebanese, name any nationality, and you will find it here.  And to say that Americans have no understanding of the world is close minded. 

You must have a limited understanding of how the government works, its many different levels, organizations, representatives, its powers,  and the decision making process, to focal it all down to hatred against Bush.  All Bush is, is a name for you to wrap everything that you believe against a very easy person to take cheap shots at.  Honestly, how hard is it to attack Bush?  lol, this is sort of like picking on the lone Goth kids in high school.  How hard is that? and you're going to use "world hate" as a way of saying that all of the world are intelligent, smart people, who are informed, educated, and reasonable?  Have you looked around in your own country lately, and seen anyone that perfect?  I bet not, and you won't find those perfect people out in the world, either. 

Don't slant hate and insults with common sense, brand it with "THE WORLD", and bring it to me saying, oh look, see, they must be right... since when has the majority opinion ever been informed and correct?  Put it this way, if I come to you, and I say, in a loud voice, with many people around me (who are also saying similar but differently worded statements, at the same volume, in their own meaning and way and understanding), "You are a KILLER! You like Asian porn! YOu are Sweedish! You want to learn how to speak Arabic!! Bastard!" and 1/4 of those poins are factual, does that make me correct? or worth listening to? that is a far out example, but I am simply saying, just cause you see a large group, doesn't make them any more right than the next group, nor does news covereage.

You know what; I take pride in my country, as does any other common person take in their own nation.  It doesn't matter where you go, and if I feel patriotic when I hear the national anthem, good for me; I'm not preaching, and I certainly am not thinking, "Yeah, I'm better than Mongolia, suck it bitches."  that's your opinion, but that is not factual. 

I like Obama as well, Stair; I'm not exactly sure what he supports, but he comes across with a very even headed individual.  I'll have to look more into it in the coming future.

-------------

Date Posted: 24/October/2006 at 4:05pm

I was talking to Nakatah regarding laziness.  Either way, not voting still shows that you're not motivated enough to try and change things, whether you want to or not, it still requires a vote to nudge it in your favor.  Even if you consider it an insignificant drop in the bucket, why not do what you can to elect the person who is most agreeable with you?  Personally, I find it disrespectful not to vote, but it's your right not to.

No it doesnt  mean Im not motivated enough to try and make a difference. I do things everyday, everything from community service (volunteer, not punishment) to raising money for charities for charity drive at school.  I honestly dont see how it is disrespectful for me not to vote, if there is no one running I respect or believe will help my community/country.  Like I said before, I think voteing is a good thing, I like living in a country where I can voice my opions and support who I wish.  For instance the govenor race right now here is just a mess, our current govenor is being looked at for some legal issuses much like our fomer govenor.  His opponent was the treasurer for the George Ryan (our past govenor, was convicted of bribery and rackaterring) and she may of had somthing to do with it.  Now I honestly can say that I would not like for either of those two people to

-------------

Posted By: Strat
Date Posted: 24/October/2006 at 4:35pm

No it doesnt  mean Im not motivated enough to try and make a difference. I do things everyday, everything from community service (volunteer, not punishment) to raising money for charities for charity drive at school.  I honestly dont see how it is disrespectful for me not to vote, if there is no one running I respect or believe will help my community/country.  Like I said before, I think voteing is a good thing, I like living in a country where I can voice my opions and support who I wish.  For instance the govenor race right now here is just a mess, our current govenor is being looked at for some legal issuses much like our fomer govenor.  His opponent was the treasurer for the George Ryan (our past govenor, was convicted of bribery and rackaterring) and she may of had somthing to do with it.  Now I honestly can say that I would not like for either of those two people to

Run yourself... haha

Date Posted: 24/October/2006 at 5:00pm

I like living in a country where I can voice my opions I dont get it, you say that you are glad that you live somewhere that you can voice your opinions and yet youre unwilling to do it by voting?  If you didnt know, there's always more than just two candidates.  While we are a two party system, there's other options, whether it be on the state or national level.  No candidate will ever have each and every belief, moral, or poitical view that you have, you just have to pick the one that you identify the closest with, no matter how far off that may be.

I honestly dont see how it is disrespectful for me not to vote, if there is no one running I respect or believe will help my community/country. 
You're still using it as a form of protest, which it isn't, but that's not what I was getting at.  I find it disrespectful to veterans and everyone enlisted in the armed forces, but that was my personal opinion, not a reason for you to vote. Choose to do whatever you want with voting, I just hope that you dont take it for granted. 

-------------

Date Posted: 24/October/2006 at 5:52pm
use it or lose it.

Date Posted: 24/October/2006 at 6:14pm

I honestly dont see how it is disrespectful for me not to vote, if there is no one running I respect or believe will help my community/country. 
You're still using it as a form of protest, which it isn't, but that's not what I was getting at.  I find it disrespectful to veterans and everyone enlisted in the armed forces, but that was my personal opinion, not a reason for you to vote. Choose to do whatever you want with voting, I just hope that you dont take it for granted. 

I still dont understand how it is disrespectful.  When a soldier goes to war he is defending our ideals, our freedoms (which do include the right to vote).  When he is out on the frontlines I doubt he is  thinking about taking a bullet so some kid can vote for a president or another office, he is thinking about defending his homeland and all the good people who live there.

pro·test  - To object to, especially in a formal statement
Its not a protest Aqua, If I was protesting I would be walking down the streets caring a picket sign or going to anti war rallies instead of not voteing. Just voteing to vote is stupid, if you do'nt believe in someone then why would you want to help them?  Its just like those stupid "Vote or Die" Campaingns P. Diddy had last election, all those did was have kids vote because celebrities told them too.  When I vote I want it to mean somthing and not just because Paris Hilton said it was the cool thing to do.  

-------------

Date Posted: 24/October/2006 at 6:21pm

Originally posted by Tybox

thank you for proving my point

What are you talking about?

-------------

Date Posted: 24/October/2006 at 6:28pm
Stairway, youre completely missing the point.  If you want to argue semantics, go for it, but ive said what I wanted, im not going to argue the same points over and over while you form a rebuttal before you even comprehend what the words mean.

-------------

Date Posted: 24/October/2006 at 7:16pm

Stairway, youre completely missing the point.  If you want to argue semantics, go for it, but ive said what I wanted, im not going to argue the same points over and over while you form a rebuttal before you even comprehend what the words mean.

Im not trying to agrue and I realize you have your views and opions on the matter and I respect that.  Believe it or not I have read everything you said and only respond to share my point of view.  I wont be posting on this matter again, doesnt seem like its going anywhere.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window