Forum Name: Other Games
Forum Discription: Misc. Gaming Discussion
URL: http://www.1cmm.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2151
Printed Date: 17/May/2024 at 8:31pm

Topic: Halo 3 Beta
Posted By: Verdant Force
Subject: Halo 3 Beta
Date Posted: 16/May/2007 at 10:31pm
If you are one of the guys who bought Crackdown when it came out, you can now dowload the Halo 3 beta ( Start Crackdown, go to 'Dowloads' and wait a little while, it will appear )

dowloading it as we speak... i hope they didient mess it up like they did to halo 2.

kinda pissed you cant even touch the Xbox while its dowloading :/ it aint normaly like that.

Replies:
Posted By: MadDawg
Date Posted: 17/May/2007 at 5:40am
I never finished the second Halo :(

-------------

Posted By: Goffin
Date Posted: 17/May/2007 at 7:20am
halo is dead to me after they released halo2

-------------
Ball punching for Teh Win!

Posted By: P00Lsin
Date Posted: 17/May/2007 at 8:10am
for some reason my halo 3 beta from crackdown is glitched and won't download... its the same for a lot of people...

-------------

Posted By: Stairway
Date Posted: 17/May/2007 at 8:47am
One of my friend tried downloading it yesterday before school so he could play when he got home, but he was having the same glitch alot of people are having. Lets just say hes not to happy, this was the only reason he bought Crackdown.

Date Posted: 17/May/2007 at 11:21am
Hahaha, boy the people who made Crackdown really played all of you guys...   Goes to show you that purchasing something for a "promise"  usually isn't a smart idea.

-------------

Date Posted: 17/May/2007 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by Goffin

halo is dead to me after they released halo2

i felt the same way goffin, i really did. but they really fixed Halo 3 up nice, ive been enjoying the beta quite a bit.

i have a thoery as to why Halo 2 is so bad...

Microsoft : we want money, Release halo 2 now!
Bungie : but its not ready, and the xbox 360 isent even out yet what the heck are we soposed to do?
Mircrosoft : Cut out evrething you can, leave only what is required.

thats the only thing i can imagine why the game would be so bad... and why Textures would load DURING gameplay, evre time you make a corner. Untested weponry on a system with about 1/10th of the sytem Requirements.

Posted By: Goffin
Date Posted: 17/May/2007 at 2:57pm
Your thoery is dead in the water.    Took them 3 years to make 6 new maps, lens flare armour, and a hit detection box the size of kansas.   

Thumbs down indeed.

-------------
Ball punching for Teh Win!

Date Posted: 17/May/2007 at 3:23pm

ii dont know where you got the idea there is only 6 new maps... but ok.

Hit detection box size are down :) maybe a tinsy bit bigger then Halo 1, but nothing realy noticable.

and along with that armor, they also had an entire campain to make(Campain maps included ), new weapons and vehicles, but anyway, il stop there.

Halo 3 Plays more like halo 1. i give it thumbs up.

Date Posted: 17/May/2007 at 4:11pm

What was the second Halos story about?  It was never released for the PC so I didn't bother playing more than a level or two.

-------------

Date Posted: 17/May/2007 at 4:42pm
Halo 2 is comming out for PC soon, on Vista.

you dont need to know the story really... At tne end of halo 2, we are basicly in the same place as the end of halo 1..

we Arive back to earth, Only to find the Covenant attacking.

two main Difrences, Your on some Forunner ship, and Cortana is stuck on the last halo you where on.

( also, a small groop of Elites is probably going to Defect and join the Human side )

Posted By: Stairway
Date Posted: 17/May/2007 at 5:21pm
Even though Im not a Halo fan, I do owe alot to it. When I was 11 or 12 my friend got Halo and I thought it was the coolest game ever. But I didn't have an XBox and my parents had just bought me a PS2. So I went to best buy and looked for anything that even somewhat resembled Halo. I went down the computer game aisle and there on the cover of a game was a guy hold wat looked to be a futuristic gun and a robot behind him. The game turned out to be... PlanetSide!

So if it wasn't for Halo, I would have most likely never found this game.

Date Posted: 17/May/2007 at 6:12pm
i was Introduced to Planetside by a buddy of mine,i saw him in game the first day... and i have never spoken to him since.

Date Posted: 17/May/2007 at 7:41pm
TopDawg and I saw an it on Tech TV back before it got shitty.  We both bought it loved it and the rest is history .  

And is it only going to be Vista compatible?  Cause if so i'll be sad, I have a great computer and i'm sure it could run it, but I don't want to upgrade to Vista...   I might later on when I buy a new g-card that is Direct X 10 compatible but I don't really know if i'll do that either.

-------------

Posted By: Midnyght
Date Posted: 09/June/2007 at 2:53am
Vista is to young...must wait for it to mature abit trust me.

-------------

Date Posted: 09/June/2007 at 3:34am
Originally posted by MadDawg

TopDawg and I saw an it on Tech TV back before it got shitty.  We both bought it loved it and the rest is history .  

And is it only going to be Vista compatible?  Cause if so i'll be sad, I have a great computer and i'm sure it could run it, but I don't want to upgrade to Vista...   I might later on when I buy a new g-card that is Direct X 10 compatible but I don't really know if i'll do that either.

Halo 2 is going to be Vista only... i say 'going' because i dont even think its out yet for vista... halo 3 is years from being available on the PC.

Print Page | Close Window