Forum Name: Other Games
Forum Discription: Misc. Gaming Discussion
URL: http://www.1cmm.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2330
Printed Date: 08/May/2024 at 5:57am

Topic: Age of Conan
Posted By: PrISM
Subject: Age of Conan
Date Posted: 21/April/2008 at 1:31pm
Who's looking forward to Age of Conan? If you are, the Fileplant open beta begins on May 1st. If you're interested you can register now. Anyone from these parts interested?

http://www.fileplanet.com/promotions/ageofconan/reg_form.aspx - http://www.fileplanet.com/promotions/ageofconan/reg_form.aspx

Replies:
Posted By: Midnyght
Date Posted: 21/April/2008 at 1:51pm
I heard good things about this game and I never pass a chance to beta test one.

-------------

Posted By: Goffin
Date Posted: 21/April/2008 at 2:12pm
Let me know if it's download worthy.

-------------
Ball punching for Teh Win!

Posted By: Strat
Date Posted: 21/April/2008 at 5:05pm
i heard it has nipples

Date Posted: 21/April/2008 at 7:31pm
Yeah it's rated M so it should be a bit more intense than WoW and it's clones...complete with drunken bar fighting. I've been following for some time now and I'm pretty excited. The Fileplanet beta is limited to 50,000 keys and only open to subscribers. It begins on May 1st and the regular release is scheduled for May 20th.

Date Posted: 27/April/2008 at 3:56pm
Beta keys are now being released from Fileplanet.

Date Posted: 27/May/2008 at 7:42am
Well I bought it. Its definately interesting to say the least. For some reason the trials keys have been disabled for a while. Anyone else pick this up ?  I created 2 characters on Tyranny PVP server named Strat and Stratsy.    
Let me know if anyone else picks it up too.

Date Posted: 27/May/2008 at 3:38pm
Yeah, I will try it out...but not sure if I will pick it up. With the extra 2 work hours a day playing a mmo just doesn't fit in at this time.

-------------

Date Posted: 28/May/2008 at 7:41am
i hear ya

Date Posted: 02/June/2008 at 1:47pm
I tried picking it up at Gamestop near work and it was sold out. Going to try picking it up at BestBuy otw home...hopefully I can find a copy.

-------------

Date Posted: 03/June/2008 at 9:32am
There were only 4 on the shelves at best buy...I picked it up. Very different look and feel from WoW.

-------------

Date Posted: 03/June/2008 at 12:42pm
Review and my opinion so far:

As far as fighting system goes I made the comparison as follows:

WoW is to Softball
         As
AoC is to Major League BaseBall

WoW is to Touch Football
         As
AoC is to NFL

WoW is to Roller Hockey
          As
AoC is to NHL

Not Saying that AoC is better its just seems to take more quickness and reaction to play AoC while WoW is more click and wait. I can see everyone being able to play WoW (why it attracks females for its easy playing) while AoC is a bit more complicated. AoC is more combo moves and directional attacks for example enemy will be defending 1 or more directions so I have to know what is the weak side and then I want to attack that weak side(left, center, or right). Skill moves often required combos such as if I want to do a Enforce Strike I need to hit the Enforce Strike attack and then a second attack (left, center, or right) after to pull the move off. There is finishing moves that if you do a combo it will go off at certain times when fighting...ya'll know because blood will ooze down your screen. There is mount fighting also have not got there yet.

Its more mature in the fact that there is blood...lots of blood, mature language as you call quest npc "Bastards" and "Whores", every NPC you pick a quest up talks to you with voice so there is no reading, except when answering, there is loading between areas and cities, Guilds and Guild bases that you have to defend...and yes nudity. There is no seperation between race so every race can group with each other...talk...kill each other.

-------------

Posted By: Verdant Force
Date Posted: 03/June/2008 at 3:17pm
you sold me with the combos and positioning making a difference... il pick it up asap

Date Posted: 03/June/2008 at 4:26pm

Don't get me wrong its still turn based, It just has more game play to attacking...more depth to say I guess.

-------------

Date Posted: 03/June/2008 at 4:42pm

Oh yeah there is mount fighting also have not got there yet.

-------------

Date Posted: 03/June/2008 at 5:25pm
no sale.

-------------

Date Posted: 03/June/2008 at 6:20pm
so possibly a stupid question, any barbarians yet?

and what side are we playin with?

Date Posted: 04/June/2008 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by Verdant Force

so possibly a stupid question, any barbarians yet?

barbarians are a dps melee class and I don't think anyone tried one...I haven't. You can only have 8 characters total which causes less server jumping, its seems. THough I am jsut trying out different characters

and what side are we playin with?

there are no sides, certain races can only be certain classes but there is no division amoung race. So basicly pvp is everyman for themselves type of pvp, it can get crazy. And yes after you kill some one you can send them a tell.

Tyranny is the sever and yes it is pvp server and pvp starts at like level 10-15.

-------------

Date Posted: 05/June/2008 at 11:16am
You can even kill your own guild members if they aren't grouped

-------------

Date Posted: 05/June/2008 at 1:38pm

Verdanthir is my name

Date Posted: 05/June/2008 at 4:57pm
We are using the same vent server strat discribes this game as a mmo 3d version of Diablo 2.

-------------

Date Posted: 05/June/2008 at 6:01pm
i reformated... i dont have the info anymore

aslo im going to have to reformat again?
because i cant activate my version of windows because ive used my cd key too many times?

fkin microsoft greedy bastards

Posted By: Fidelio
Date Posted: 05/June/2008 at 10:11pm
make sure your Ethernet cable isn't plugged into the wall while installing windows and it can't check to see how many times it's been used.

if it's a legit copy and the above doesn't work you can call their support and remove the restriction.

Date Posted: 05/June/2008 at 10:33pm

i can install it fine and all, but you cant activate it without being connected to the net.

and i have called them before its like a 3 hour process involing about a hundred numbers to activate windows again, and it only works once

as long as i dont reboot il be fine lol

Date Posted: 06/June/2008 at 7:28am
lol yesterday I was the playing the bait and these level 15+ were trying to gank my level 6 and Strat was crushing them on his assasin.

FYI there is also an Apprenticeship Meaning if Strat is 22 and I am 6 and I am grouped with Strat and I become Strats apprentice I go up to level 22. I get the power, defence, and the hit points of level 22 just not the talents and abilities....just like in CoH.

-------------

Date Posted: 06/June/2008 at 11:51am

i can install it fine and all, but you cant activate it without being connected to the net.

and i have called them before its like a 3 hour process involing about a hundred numbers to activate windows again, and it only works once

as long as i dont reboot il be fine lol

if you're reformating that much you might want to considering ghosting your drive..

-------------

Posted By: Stairway
Date Posted: 13/June/2008 at 5:55pm
ive been looking at this game a little bit, and now that summers here i maybe willing to give it a try. Looking at the classes id probably be playing an assassin, anyone tried that one out yet and is it any fun?

EDIT: picked up a copy, gonna try it out in the next few days, but am going to be pretty busy this week. Ill try and make a character on the server you guys are playing on and catch up with yall.

Date Posted: 14/June/2008 at 9:25pm
Been playing a Conqueror and having good fun so far. Got myself to level 42.

Date Posted: 16/June/2008 at 9:07am
Originally posted by Stairway

ive been looking at this game a little bit, and now that summers here i maybe willing to give it a try. Looking at the classes id probably be playing an assassin, anyone tried that one out yet and is it any fun?

EDIT: picked up a copy, gonna try it out in the next few days, but am going to be pretty busy this week. Ill try and make a character on the server you guys are playing on and catch up with yall.

Just post your name and we will find ya.

-------------

Date Posted: 16/June/2008 at 12:55pm
I have Dark Templar in the 20s a Demonoligist ins the 20s.

Strat said his assasin seem like it was getting week around 30.

not so good pvp classes are Dark Templar(1-40), Demonologist, Rangers At Higher levels 70-80.

The two class everyone says are over powered is Tempest of Set, because your a melee, AOE, healing machine and Gaurdians which is a dps melee but built like a tank....really hard to kill.

Good classes are  Barbarians, Conquor, Necros, Assasins, Bear Druid

Not Sure about Priest none one really talks about them but I read they can do more damage then a Demo with the right feats and Bear Druid no one really talks about them either being bad or really good but alot say they are fun to play.

Edited updated the above

-------------

Date Posted: 17/June/2008 at 10:40am
I think I am going to roll a Tempest of Set see how I like it...I was getting fustrated with my Demo because she was getting put down in like 3-4 shots from a ranger.

I edited the previous list.

-------------

Date Posted: 22/June/2008 at 12:33am
Originally posted by Stairway

Stairway have you made a character? Name?

-------------

Posted By: Stairway
Date Posted: 23/June/2008 at 4:11pm
Ive been preocupied leveling my rogue in WoW, and more recently trying to figure out how to get  PS3 and play MGS4. Still have the game sitting on my desk unopened. Ill definatley try and give it a shot sometime soon, and Im sure my name will Debog.

Print Page | Close Window